‘Safer gambling’ is a term used to describe the industry’s approach to limiting the risk of problem gambling and gambling-related harm. The term is often used interchangeably with ‘responsible gambling’ and can also be referred to as the industry’s ‘social responsibility’.
Safer gambling stems from a gambling industry that:
- is committed to taking care of its customers
- empowers its customers with the knowledge to manage their gambling
- ensures that the young and vulnerable are protected from the adverse consequences of gambling.
- YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO USE ANY GAMBLING SITES.
The Gambling Commission provides helpful information to consumers on this topic.
Also, this website is highly recommended https://www.begambleaware.org for anyone experiencing difficulty in controlling their gambling.
All forms of gambling should be enjoyable and safe. We have ensured that all sites we recommend are committed to helping you keep control of your emotions and financial situation when you gamble online. Playing responsibly is the only way to keep control of your wagers.
Our mission is to help you find trusted and safe places online where you can gamble. This means that we only recommend gambling sites that have the necessary licensing and regulation in order to operate in your area.
This licensing assures that the operator acts legally. The regulation also means that the site must act in a secure, fair, and transparent manner. Each site will also have to demonstrate that they are committed in helping customers avoid problem gambling.
You should have a range of tools to help you keep your gambling under control. All licensed operators must also have links to help if you suspect that your gambling habits are becoming problematic.
TIPS TO GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY
Many people enjoy playing casino games and betting on sports. There is a danger that your bets can get out of control. These are some tips to help you avoid problem gambling.
- Betting is not a way to make money.
- You should set a time limit on how long your betting session should last.
- Stick to your budget when you decide on your betting budget
- Only bet with money you are comfortable losing.
- Do not fall for the trap of trying unsuccessfully to recover any losses
- Regular breaks are important when you gamble
- Never gamble if you are high or drunk
HOW TO IDENTIFY SIGNS OF PROBLEM GAMBLING
It can come in many forms, and it is difficult to recognize. These are some of the most common signs that someone has allowed their gambling to get out of control.
- Gambling without limits and without a budget is reckless
- Overly emotional responses to losses
- Being secretive or lying about gambling
- Asking for money to finance their bets
- Gambling habits can make you feel guilty or stressed.
You should seek out help from a responsible gambling agency if you notice any of these characteristics in yourself. These organizations offer anonymous and free online tests that can be used to determine if your gambling is becoming problematic.
RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING TOOLS
You will find a wide range of tools available at all reputable gambling sites to help you keep your bets in check. Below is a list of the most popular responsible gambling tools.
- Limits: You should be able to quickly and easily apply limits on your gambling. These limits can be applied to everything, from your deposits and wagers to your losses to the amount you spend on the gambling site.
- Cooling off periods: You should have the option to temporarily remove yourself from any gambling site in order to allow yourself a cooling-off period. This is essential for gaining perspective on online gambling.
- Self-exclusion: As a last resort you can request that the gambling site ban you completely from its services.
HELPING TO KEEP YOU IN CONTROL WHILE GAMBLING ONLINE
Gambling is not without risk, but it shouldn't be considered dangerous. There is an increasing trend toward online casinos and sports betting sites taking more responsibility for the welfare of their customers.
All good gambling sites make a greater effort to get customers to take time out, increase their deposit limits and withdrawals. You can still experience the inevitable loss of your winnings without financial or emotional distress.
It is important to see gambling as an entertainment option and not as a source of income. You can also be certain that you will only use licensed gambling sites we recommend.